National review of children’s hearing services
Please note: This service is part of a national review of children’s hearing services, to make sure that all national guidelines and standards are being followed. This means that some children may wait longer than usual for an appointment, or may be seen at a different hospital than usual. The most urgent clinical cases will be prioritised in the waiting list. GPs should continue to refer to the service as usual.
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback about the children’s hearing services, please:
- Call 07917 837 248
- email the audiology team
Hearing aid repairs
We are able to accept postal hearing aid repairs and requests for hearing aid batteries. Please post your hearing aid/s with your brown battery book and note of the problem, and a stamped addressed envelope and we will return the repaired hearing aid/s via post. Please ensure correct postage has been paid in order to receive your hearing aid promptly.
The Paediatric Audiology service (children’s hearing service) sees children and young people with difficulties concerning their hearing.
The service offers:
- Diagnostic testing for children referred from the Newborn Hearing Screening Programme.
- Hearing assessments in children with any concern about hearing, speech and language or neurodevelopmental concerns
- Identifying and managing children with permanent hearing loss
- Provision of hearing aids and support of use where appropriate
- Assessment and monitoring of children of additional needs or complex needs
- Onward referrals for children requiring further specialist input where appropriate
- Working closely with other services to support children and families
Referral for Paediatric Audiology
Care and maintenance of your hearing aid
To find out more about how to look after hearing aids, please visit our Care and maintenance of your hearing aid page