Mount Vernon Cancer Centre is a well renowned, highly specialised cancer centre based in Northwood in Middlesex.
As a centre of excellence we pride ourselves on both our technical treatments and our patient care. Our staff is highly trained in non-surgical oncology.
The consultant team are highly respected and each specialises in one or two particular cancers. There is also a team of doctors who support the consultants’ clinical work both in the outpatient clinics and on the wards. Nurses deliver chemotherapy treatments and radiographers deliver radiotherapy treatments all supported by teams of physicists, administration staff and engineers.
There are over 500 members of staff, but we are united in our goal to provide high quality and timely treatment to our patients.
We treat from a large catchment population of almost 2 million people and some patients are referred to us from across the country into areas where we have specialist knowledge and expertise. Over 5,000 new patients are registered with us each year.
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre prides itself on being at the forefront of the latest technology available for treatment and many patients being offered clinical trials for both chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments. The centre has the latest pumps for the delivery of chemotherapy and in radiotherapy the most up to date linear accelerators can deliver the latest treatment techniques.
Our facilities include:
- A chemotherapy/immunotherapy suite, which treats around 300 patients a week using 21, providing systemic anti-cancer therapy using established and cutting edge drug treatments for all cancer types
- Inpatient ward, which has 26 beds
- A comprehensive radiotherapy service from the point of clinical referral to the first follow-up appointment
- Seven linear accelerators providing radiotherapy treatments, including CyberKnife and TrueBeam
- Nuclear Medicine Imaging and Outpatient Therapy service
- Iodine suite treating 120 patients per year
Our team of volunteers is available to help patients way find their way around our rather complex site. If you need help, just look out for the people wearing a yellow sash or a yellow lanyard and a yellow badge.
Also part of the cancer centre are three facilities that support our patients:
Provides comprehensive scanning services to the NHS and private health sectors for the diagnosis, treatment monitoring and research of cancer and other serious diseases, using leading edge PET/CT, MRI and CT scanners.
Provides support and information to people affected by cancer. Supports patients and families helping them cope with all aspects of the disease from diagnosis, through treatment and beyond.