Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), for the foreseeable future, we are limiting the amount of visitors to our hospitals.
Emergency Department at Lister Hospital
- Where possible, we are limiting to one person accompanying each patient.
- We have taken the decision to stop all visitors attending inpatient wards across our sites – unless with prior arrangement with the nurse in charge.
- Please try to attend alone if possible. If not, only bring one person to accompany you. This includes maternity, where one named birthing partner will be permitted. For more detailed guidance visit our maternity unit page.
Our usual visitor guidance also applies, which includes:
- Please do not visit anywhere in the hospital if you have been suffering from diarrhoea, vomiting or flu-like symptoms within the last 72 hours.
- Both on arrival and when leaving the ward, please use hand sanitiser gel or wash your hands for 20 seconds using warm, soapy water
- Children can only visit in certain circumstances. Please discuss this with the nurse in charge of the ward before your visit to avoid disappointment. If children visit, they must be supervised at all times.
- Ensure that there are no more than two visitors per bed at any one time.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but protecting patients and staff is our priority.
Patients should attend appointments as normal – if anything changes you will be notified.
Our Visitors Charter sets out what our staff will do for visitors and what we expect of visitors to our wards. Our priority is caring for our patients, but we will do our best to be flexible to the needs of visitors.