Due to the current situation with the Coronavirus outbreak all Paediatric Audiology appointments have been cancelled. The Paediatric Audiology department is closed until further notice.
We are able to accept postal hearing aid repairs and requests for hearing aid batteries. Please post your hearing aid/s with your brown battery book and note of the problem, and a stamped addressed envelope and we will return the repaired hearing aid/s via post. Please ensure correct postage has been paid in order to receive your hearing aid promptly.
For any urgent enquiries please call us on 07917 837 248 and our administration team will either try to help with the query, or organise for an Audiologist to call you back and discuss the matter.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but protecting patients and staff is our priority.
Consultant led Paediatric department
We offer a comprehensive service for audiological assessment, investigations, management and rehabilitation as needed for children with hearing difficulties.
The Paediatric Audiology service sees children and young people with difficulties concerning their hearing.
The service offers:
- Diagnostic testing for children referred from the Newborn Hearing Screening Programme.
- Hearing assessments in children with any concern regarding hearing, speech and language or neurodevelopmental concerns
- Identifying and managing children with permanent hearing loss
- Provision of hearing aids and support of use where appropriate
- Assessment and monitoring of children of additional needs or complex needs
- Onward referrals for children requiring further specialist input where appropriate
- Working closely with other services to support children and families
Senior Paediatric Audiologists
Referral for Paediatric Audiology
Care and maintenance of your hearing aid
To find out more about how to look after hearing aids, please visit our Care and maintenance of your hearing aid page