Consultant led Paediatric department
We offer a comprehensive service for audiological assessment, investigations, management and rehabilitation as needed for children with hearing difficulties.
The Paediatric Audiology service sees children and young people with difficulties concerning their hearing.
The service offers:
- Diagnostic testing for children referred from the Newborn Hearing Screening Programme.
- Hearing assessments in children with any concern regarding hearing, speech and language or neurodevelopmental concerns
- Identifying and managing children with permanent hearing loss
- Provision of hearing aids and support of use where appropriate
- Assessment and monitoring of children of additional needs or complex needs
- Onward referrals for children requiring further specialist input where appropriate
- Working closely with other services to support children and families
Senior Paediatric Audiologists