The Trust’s Spiritual and pastoral care are here to offer you whatever support we can, whatever you need, whatever your beliefs – whether these are religious or otherwise. Our team includes chaplains from a variety of faith and belief communities. Currently these are Buddhist, Christian (Anglican, Roman Catholic, Pentecostal) Hindu, Humanist (non- religious), Muslim, and Sikh.
The team also have contacts with a variety of people from other faiths and traditions including most other Christian denominations, locally who we can contact for support.
- Sit with you in your pain of loss
- Hear about your loved one and their story
- Listen to what might be of comfort to you
- We can talk about any rites or rituals that may provide comfort
- We can offer prayers or a blessing for your loved one, including a humanist one, if you have no faith (please discuss this with the bereavement assistant to arrange)
- And if you ask, we can try and contact your own faith leader in the community for you.
We do not assume to know what you need. We do not impose our beliefs. We are here to listen and to serve.
Please contact the team on 01438 285519