All the wards have a wide range of leaflets about dementia. You can also pick up information at the Carers Corner in the main corridor. Online resources are available at Dementia UK and the Alzheimer’s Society
Other services within the NHS
If you are worried about your memory or concerned about a loved one, contact your GP who will do an assessment and may refer you to the Memory service for further assessment and support at Hertfordshire Partnership University. You can also read this information booklet published by Hertfordshire Partnership University, which has lots of useful information for people living with dementia and their families.
There is also support available from the Alzheimer’s society, who offer a pre assessment Service. You can email them to book an appointment or call 01707 378365.
Further information can be found in the Carers Section of the website.
We work with a number of partner organisations that also provide dementia services as well as guidance and support:
- Johns Campaign
- Community Admiral Nurse service
- Carers in Herts
- Adult Services (in Hertfordshire and Bedford)
- Herts Careline
- Crossroads Day Care Centre (you get in touch with the Stevenage branch via email)
- Garden House Hospice Care (you can get in touch via email)
- The Red Shed (you can get in touch on 07788725110 or via email)
- Movement for Memory (you can get in touch on 07394934911 or via email)
- Hertswise (you can get in touch on 03001234044 or 0749674440)
- Alzheimer’ Society (Click here for more information on this service)
- Hertfordshire Independent Living Service
- Hospital and Community Navigation Service
- Music 24
There are also a number of dementia friendly activities available in Stevenage, organised by University of Hertfordshire and Stevenage council.