Our service provides direct nursing care to children and young people from birth to 18 years of age if in full time education (19 if in full time special education). Family and parental support, including teaching of specific care required to maintain the child at home wherever it is safe to do so. The Community Children’s Nursing team cover East and North Hertfordshire.
The services we provide include:
• Avoidance of hospital admission wherever possible.
• Early discharge from hospital through intravenous medication.
• Wound care/dressings, oxygen therapy, care for complex health needs.
• Palliative and terminal nursing care.
• Chronic disease management including enteral feeding and gastrostomy, tracheostomy, assisted ventilation
• Working alongside clinicians in specialist clinics e.g. attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), diabetes, epilepsy