Background to research at the Trust
The Trust has a long history of being research active with particular strengths in cancer, renal, cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
The research activity at the Trust is a mixture of studies which staff have gained though external funding via grants, studies that are commercially-funded, non-commercial studies that the Trust acts as a participating site and studies that support the training and development of staff.
In 2015/2016 a total of 2,061 of our patients chose to enter research studies. We have developed a research strategy so that we can offer more opportunities to more patients.
The strategy was developed through extensive consultation. Numerous stakeholder meetings were held and this was supplemented by an internal and then an external survey to raise awareness and gain further feedback. The web-based surveys received a total 499 responses and over 800 written comments.
We are currently updating our strategy for 2024/25 which will be shared in Spring 2024.
- Click here to access our research strategy.
- Click to read the Trust’s progress made in year one.
- Click here to read a detailed paper on the progress made in year one.
- Click here to read a detailed paper on conducting studies across the organisation.
- Click to read the Trust’s summary on the progress made in year two.
- Click here to read a detailed paper on the progress made in year two.
- Click to read the Trust’s summary on the progress made in year three.