Our amazing team of volunteers come in all ages, from many different backgrounds, bringing with them a wealth of varied skills.
We want all our volunteers to fulfill their potential and make a real difference to our patients’ experience.
We work hard to ensure that we recruit the right volunteers who are committed to supporting the work of the Trust.
Thinking about volunteering at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage, New QEII Hospital in Welwyn Garden City or Hertford County Hospital?
To be a volunteer with us you must:
· Be 16 years old or over
· Have the right to work in the UK
· Be flexible about your volunteering placement and willing to volunteer where there is the greatest need
· Be willing to complete all the necessary training required for your role
We are looking for people who can communicate well with patients, the public and our staff. If you think you can show us your desire to help others and demonstrate your suitability to volunteer in a busy acute hospital setting, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please contact us on email@example.com if you are interested in applying for any of these roles. We will then send you the necessary paperwork for registration.
Registration process for successful volunteer applicants:
· Completed application form
· Two returned references
· Health@Work questionnaire and clearance
· DBS check (if necessary for the role)
· Completed Trust induction training and an e-learning module in Infection Prevention and Control
· Completed individual risk assessment
· Issued with ID badge and uniform (if needed for role)
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre volunteers
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre is based in Northwood, Middlesex and serves a population of 2 million people from the surrounding counties.
We have a team of 300 volunteers helping out in the Lynda Jackson Macmillan Information and Support Centre and the Cancer Centre. We’re always looking for new volunteers to join our team.
To volunteer at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 826 2514.