Contact the Paediatric SPR on call via switchboard
Semi-urgent queries – GP hotline (12noon-4pm, weekdays)
Consultant connect is a national initiative.
GP can call this number for semi-urgent Paediatric Consultant advice.
For example, is this patient suitable for rapid access clinic?
Rapid access clinic referral
Description: The rapid access clinic is a rapid access general paediatric outpatient clinic for children aged 0-16 years who require an urgent paediatric specialist opinion within 4 weeks. Referrals are triaged every week day and parents will be contacted and offered an appointment. Rapid access clinics run twice per week and we aim to see new referrals who require rapid assessment within 2 weeks.
How to refer:
- If you are uncertain whether a patient is appropriate for a rapid access clinic referral, please contact the Consultant GP Hotline – Contact number: 07500882733
- Please refer by using the DOS pathway on ERS.
Referral to the outpatient paediatric clinic
Please refer by using the DOS pathway on ERS (Electronic Referral System)
If you have any reason to suspect that a child is not being treated appropriately, or their welfare is at risk, please contact one of the following numbers:
- Please call 999 for Police in an Emergency Situation
- Children’s Services (Children’s Social Care) – Customers Services 03001234043(24/7 contact number)
- Hertfordshire Constabulary – 08453300222
- If there are any acute medical concerns that will require emergency medical treatment (for example cuts, burns, fracture etc.) please contact Paediatric SPR via GP switchboard bypass number 01438759928