Directions to the Lister
You can get directions to the Lister by clicking on the red balloon on the map above and entering your postcode
Click on the maps below to view the Lister hospital site map and route finding map for navigating your way inside our hospital.
Our new multi-storey car park provides 667 spaces and includes 81 just for blue badge holders. You will receive a chip coin token when you enter the car park and will pay on exit for the time stay. Pay machines are available in the lobby of the car park.
Multi-storey parking charges
15 minutes Drop off and pick up free of charge
0-1 hours £2.70
1-2 hours £3.90
2-3 hours £5.40
3-4 hours £5.90
4-5 hours £6.50
5-6 hours £7.30
6-24 hours £8.10
Three monthly £34.40
The pay machines do give change and accept credit and debit cards.
We have 81 blue badge spaces within the multi-storey car park. They are located on level 4 and above near the lifts with wheelchairs located close by to help provide easy access . Level 6 of the car park has automatic doors to help those with mobility problems.
Blue badge holders will also have to pay the standard hourly rate for parking at the Lister.
We also have a small number of blue badge spaces available on a pay and display basis around the hospital site, for those who might need to park away from the hospital.
Pay and display parking
There are some public pay and display parking spaces at the Lister, although the majority of these are for blue badge holders. This is because most public car parking is within the multi-storey car park. There is a pick up and set down point and some blue badge parking outside of A&E. Pay and display spaces are available by Strathmore Wing.
Pay and display parking charges
0 - 15 minutes Drop off zones only free of charge
Up to 2 hours £3.40
2 – 5 hours £5.30
5 – 24 hours £7.70
We have tickets available from wards and departments for people who are visiting long stay patients or who attend regular appointments:
Weekly £20.70 (available from the pay and display machines)
3 monthly £34.40
To find out more information on the availability of concessions please speak to Vinci staff in the parking shop inside the multi-storey car park or contact our facilities team on 01438 285021.
Using the Trust’s wheelchairs
The Trust has a number of wheelchairs available for members of the public to use to help get them, a family member or friend to and from the Lister’s multi-storey car park/hospital main entrance. A bit like supermarket trolleys, these wheelchairs need a £1 coin so that they can be released for use – your £1 is refunded when the wheelchair is returned back for the next person to use.
We have 14, free-of-charge motorbike parking spaces available in the multi-storey car park.
76 covered bicycle racks are available in the following locations:
- Within the multi-storey car park
- Near the Maternity Unit
- Behind the Strathmore Wing
- Under the Treatment Centre
Help and advice on getting to your appointment
If you need help with getting to your healthcare appointment, then you should call Travellink on 01438 737252 or go online to www.hertsdirect.org/travellink.
Travellink is there to ensure you get the most appropriate transport advice for your journey:
- The staff at Travellink will provide advice on how to get to your appointment. If you are requesting a non-emergency ambulance you will be screened to assess your eligibility on the basis of medical need;
- Only those patients unable to use any other form of transport will be able to use the patient transport service. If you are eligible and are travelling within Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, Travellink will book your transport for you;
- If you are not eligible for the patient transport ambulance service, you will be advised on alternative travel options. i.e. public transport, shuttle buses, voluntary car schemes and similar, all of which will incur a charge.
- Patients on low incomes can claim reimbursement under the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme. Unless attending a hospital with a cash office, claims will need to be made by post using a HC5(T) form.