The original hospital was built in the early 1800s and in 2003 work began on the development of a brand new hospital on the same site. The new £8.5 million facility opened its doors to patients in November 2004.
The hospital provides a wide range of outpatients, ante/post natal, diagnostic and therapeutic services to the people of south-east Hertfordshire.
It is open Monday to Friday, except on bank holidays, between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
- Radiology (Opening hours 8:30am – 4:30pm)
- Pathology (blood tests Monday to Friday 8am to 3.45pm)
- A range of outpatients clinics
- Specialist children’s centre
- Physiotherapy and other therapies
There are no A&E or related services at Hertford County; the nearest services are:
- 24/7 urgent care centre at the New QEII hospital, Welwyn Garden City
- Minor injuries units – Cheshunt Community hospital, Cheshunt and Herts and Essex hospital, Bishops Stortford
- Full A&E – Lister hospital in Stevenage or the Princess Alexandra hospital, Harlow