Treated skin conditions
- Skin Cancer
- Blistering disorders
- Genital and Oral disorders
- Skin allergies
- Skin infections and fungal disorders
- Vasculitic Ulcers
- Paediatric – general dermatology for under 16 years of age
- Hair and nail disorders
Services provided by the Trust’s dermatology team include:
- Medical and surgical treatments of skin cancer
- Minor operations (i.e. those involving a local anaesthetic) for the removal or diagnosis of skin disease
- Phototherapy narrowband UVB for the treatment of skin dermatosis including psoriasis, eczema etc
- Conventional and Daylight photodynamic therapy treatment method of localised skin cancer of precancerous lesions
- Iontophoresis for the management of hyperhidrosis (excess sweating of palms, soles and armpits
- Patch testing investigation contact dermatitis
- Systemic medication for moderate to severe eczema or psoriasis
- Biologics medication for psoriasis and eczema patients who have failed topical and systemic medication
- Habit Reversal – management of itching for skin conditions including eczema
- Eczema education programme – parent/patient education programme for the management of eczema
- Oral and genital dermatoses – skin conditions specific to genital or oral sites
Patients are seen in the main outpatients departments by the consultants at Hertford County hospitals.
Patients being cared for by the dermatology team rarely need to admit as an inpatient, but where necessary this would be at the Lister.
How can I get referred?
Via GP referrals using the ERS booking system.
2wk referrals for suspected Skin Cancer – as per the agreed process between GP’s and Trust processes.
- Dr Silvano Mazzon – Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Sachi Gupta – Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Karishma Hemmady – Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Elizabeth Ogden – Associate Specialist Dermatology
- Julia Winter – Senior Specialist Dermatology Nurse Julia Winter
- Kathy Radley – Senior Specialist Dermatology Nurse
- Sarah Doswora – Specialist Dermatology Nurse
- Jennifer MacDonald – Specialist Dermatology Nurse
- Sharon Lewis – Phototherapist
- Linda Ferguson – Phototherapist
- Katrina Brown – Dermatology Care Assistant