The pharmacy team at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust want to ensure that patients are comfortable and confident taking the medication that has been prescribed to them. This page explains how you can find out more information about the support available to you
Information about Medicines
All drugs dispensed by the hospital will have a patient information leaflet provided so that you have written information about each drug you have been supplied with. More specifically we hope to provide you with the following information concerning the medications supplied.
- The purpose of the medication
- How to take the medication
- The potential side effects of the medication
If you do not feel that we addressed your questions please do not hesitate to ask a member of the pharmacy staff. We can help you with the following:
- Make informed decisions about your health and health care
- Be more involved with healthcare professionals in choosing treatments
- Understand how best to use or take your medicine
Pharmacy patient helpline
In order to support patients at this time, the patient helpline 01438 286150 will be between 9.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). It is for patients from East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust who have any questions or are confused about the medication we have supplied to them.
For more pharmacy patient information
- For more pharmacy patient information, including the Patient’s Charter, please visit our patient information leaflets page and scroll down to the Pharmacy heading
- NHS Choices– This NHS website contains leaflets for commonly used medicines, providing information on how your medicine works, how and when to take it, possible side effects and answers to your common questions.