East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust is calling on the community to join the conversation for its annual general meeting (AGM) week – which is being held virtually this month for the first time.
Our AGM in July has always offered an opportunity for patients and the wider public to discuss what matters to them, covering the performance of the trust’s four hospitals and what the future holds.
But this year that interaction with those responsible for making the big decisions goes further.
The COVID-19 pandemic has meant the public meeting format (held last year at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage, see picture) has been replaced with six online webinars, which will be broadcast live over five consecutive days between Monday 13 July and Friday 17 July.
The AGM itself starts at 4:30pm on Wednesday 15 July and is scheduled for 90 minutes, but there are five further 60-minute sessions – with each of the topics voted for by the public.
During each live session you will be able to listen to the speakers and view slides, putting forward questions in real time and voting for your favourites. There will be polls too, to add a further element to the interaction.
Nick Carver – Chief Executive of East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, which runs Hertford County Hospital, Lister Hospital in Stevenage, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre in Northwood and the New QEII Hospital in Welwyn Garden City – said: “COVID-19 has brought many challenges, but presented opportunities too.
“I have always been proud of the vibrant conversations that take place during our AGM each year, but it is fantastic that we are taking this a step further with the use of technology.
“The new format will enable us to be even more responsive to the questions that you have, so I urge you to please join the conversation and be part of a week where will be both highlighting areas of excellence, and acknowledging where we must improve.”
What is happening each day?
- Supporting patients, families and carers: the family clinician liaison service – hosted by Chief Nurse, Rachael Corser
Monday 13 July at 5pm
- Work, grow, thrive and care together: supporting our workforce – hosted by Chief People Officer, Duncan Forbes
Tuesday 14 July at 1pm
- Developing our cancer service for the future – hosted by Director of Strategy, Sarah Brierley
Wednesday 15 July at 10:30am
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust Annual General Meeting – hosted by trust Chair, Ellen Schroder and Chief Executive, Nick Carver
Wednesday 15 July at 4.30pm
- Celebrating the Year of the Nurse and Midwife – hosted by Chief Nurse, Rachael Corser
Thursday 16 July at 12:30pm
- Digital innovations to improve patient access – hosted by Chief Information Officer Mark Stanton
Friday 17 July at 12:30pm
How to join in with our virtual AGM week
All webinars running during our AGM week can be viewed via our online event platform, Glisser – allowing live Q&A, poll questions, slide sharing and real-time feedback.
You don’t need to download an app to take part – you can simply click on the links above (links will be live 30 minutes before each session) or type them directly into your browser.
You can view the events on your smartphones, tablets or computers – but please note that the links won’t work using Internet Explorer. Please use a browser such as Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox – most devices should have a compatible browser installed.
- Click on the link for your chosen event, or type the url directly into your browser
- Enter your email address and let us know if you’d like us to keep in touch about future events. The Glisser code, if required, is the name of the link (1307FLIC, for example).
- Click play to watch the live video stream of our presenters and watch the slide show
- Ask questions using the Q&A tab on Glisser – just click the ‘+’ button