At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide. Our 5,000 dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care at:
- Hertford County hospital, Hertford
- The Lister hospital, Stevenage
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood
- The QEII hospital, Welwyn Garden City
We provide a wide range of emergency and inpatient services at the Lister and QEII. Outpatient and diagnostic care is provided at Hertford County, the Lister and the QEII. With our maternity service at the Lister offers a midwife and consultant led unit.
Our specialist services at the Lister include:
- Plastic surgery
We run Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, one of the country’s top five cancer treatment centres, providing specialist radiotherapy services.
Some quick facts about us
- We treat around 500,000 people a year
- Around 5,500 babies are born in one of our hospitals each year
- Our A&E departments see around 130,000 people each year
- We employ over 5,000 staff
- We have over 800 inpatient beds
- Our annual income is around £290 million
- The Trust was formed in April 2000 with responsibility for managing Hertford County, the Lister and the QEII hospitals. In April 2005 we also gained responsibility for managing the Mount Vernon cancer centre.
In this section
In this section you can find all of our corporate information, including information on our Trust board, board papers and how to make a freedom of information request.