Here at the East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide. Our 5,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care at:
- Hertford County hospital, Hertford
- The Lister hospital, Stevenage
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood
- The New QEII hospital, Welwyn Garden City
We provide a wide range of emergency and inpatient services at the Lister, with outpatient and diagnostic care provided at Hertford County, the Lister and the New QEII. With our maternity service at the Lister offers co-located midwife and consultant-led units, as well as a range of other services – including a dedicated early pregnancy unit.
Our specialist services at the Lister include:
- Cardiology – including a 24/7 heart attack centre
- Plastic surgery
- Renal medicine, which includes renal dialysis satellite units throughout Hertfordshire, as well in Bedfordshire and west Essex
- Stroke – through our hyper-acute stroke unit
- Urology – including a robotic surgical service
We run the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, one of the country’s top five cancer treatment centres, which provides specialist radiotherapy services along with chemotherapy for local people. The Lister also provides chemotherapy services through the Lister Macmillan Cancer Centre.
Some quick facts about us
- We treat around 500,000 people a year
- Around 5,500 babies are born in one of our hospitals each year
- Our emergency department service sees around 130,000 people each year
- We employ some 5,000 staff
- We have some 720 inpatient beds (principally at the Lister, but also the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre)
- Our annual income is around £375 million
- The Trust was formed in April 2000 with responsibility for managing Hertford County, the Lister and the QEII (since renamed as the New QEII) hospitals. In April 2005 we also gained responsibility for managing the Mount Vernon cancer centre.
In this section
In this section you can find all of our corporate information, including information on our Trust board, board papers and how to make a freedom of information request.