We are a busy unit located in the Woodlands building (pink zone) at the Lister hospital, where we see around 5,500 women every year.
Our team is dedicated to the principle of providing a seamless service to patients by offering good, consistent, timely and effective care and support that addresses patients’ individualised needs and enables them to make informed decisions.
We handle everything with courtesy and professionalism. Patients will be treated with gentleness, dignity and respect. We value all people and strive to be open and honest and to listen to feedback, responding accordingly to continuously improve our service.
What is our aim?
We aim to assess, diagnose and treat as a ‘One-Stop’ service and as such have a dedicated ultrasound team located on the unit between:
08.30 – 16.30 Monday – Friday
10.00 – 12.00 on Sunday for emergencies
Not everyone we see requires an ultrasound scan and our opening hours for patient assessment and care planning are:
08.30 – 19.00 Monday – Friday
09.00 – 16.00 Saturday and Sunday
What do we offer?
- Assessment for women referred with problems in pregnancy up to 20 weeks gestation (or prior to their anomaly scan).
- Day Suite for women experiencing excessive vomiting in pregnancy and this allows patients to receive anti-sickness medication, rehydration via a drip and other related care as an outpatient without the need to stay overnight in hospital.
- Management of miscarriage with medication that patients can take in the comfort of their own home with the support of our dedicated nurses.
- Management of ectopic pregnancy at home with medication as long as our specialist team and individual patients feel that this is safe and appropriate for them.
- Assessment for women with gynaecological problems requiring urgent assessment.
Telephone advice and information
We aim to support patients via the telephone and at home as much as possible because we know how difficult it can be to come into hospital.
Please call us for advice and information on 01438 286190 / 01438 286194.
There’s more information available in our patient leaflets.