We have children’s community nurses based at the Lister and QEII. They are all experienced senior children’s nurses who work in east and north Hertfordshire.
The service offers care for children who need nursing care and support within their home and other community settings.
These include children with:
- Chest problems
- Tube feeding needs
- Rheumatology conditions – arthritis
- Acute conditions that require follow up
- Continuing care needs
- Special needs
The nurses aim to:
- Shorten hospital stay and prevent readmission
- Help the child and family meet their own care needs
- Arrange respite care for families who need it
They work closely with primary care and other agencies to help achieve the highest quality of care for families.