Our team care for children under the age of 16 from across east and north Hertfordshire and some neighbouring areas.
As a team we:
- Provide a children’s accident and emergency (A&E) at the Lister and a minor injuries unit at the QEII, which is open 24 hours
- Provide a children’s assessment unit at the Lister, which is open 24 hours
- Run a children’s ward at the Lister, including a separate sitting room and bathroom for teenagers
- Support the surgery team on both sites when children are treated there
- Have community nursing teams
- Have a continuing care team
- Run children’s outpatients clinics
Our services are provided by professional health workers who are trained in caring for children. The team is led by acute paediatric consultants, a lead nurse and other senior nurses.
As a team we are committed to developing services for children and their families through links with all departments in the hospital.