The Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC) is at the forefront of cancer care. The clinical team prides itself on providing each patient with first class care, in a professional and compassionate manner. Through its work with other cancer organisations, MVCC is one of the leading cancer centres in the UK.
Our team of volunteers are here to support the excellent work carried out by staff and continue to help make a difference to all our patients and visitors.
If you have a few hours of spare time a week and would like to become a volunteer with us please do get in touch.
Volunteering with us offers an opportunity to
- Meet new people
- Give something to the community
- Learn new skills
- Build confidence
- Fill spare hours
- Have fun and meet new people
Desired skills and qualities
- Reliable, flexible and trustworthy
- Hardworking and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- Concern for others, showing patience and tolerance
- Great communication skills
- Friendly, with a sense of humour
- A willingness to commit a minimum of two and a half hours a week (morning, afternoon or evening) for a minimum of 6 months
In return we will provide
- Induction to the department and specific training for the role
- Supervision and support from a dedicated member of staff
- On-going updates and information
- Reimbursements for expenses
- References may be provided after six months of volunteering