To volunteer with us at the Lister, Queen Elizabeth II or Hertford County hospitals you must:
- Be 16 years old or over but not a student
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be willing to volunteer on a weekly basis and at an agreed time, for a minimum of 6 months
- Be available to attend a ½ day induction
What’s your motivation?
Before you apply, think about why you want to volunteer.
We are looking for people who can communicate easily with patients, fellow volunteers and the wider staff team. If you are looking for voluntary work in a busy acute hospital, we look forward to hearing from you.
Some people volunteer because they want to give something back and others simply want to support their local hospital. Whatever your motivation, please make sure you are prepared to tell us about it at interview. The first step to joining us as a volunteer is being able to demonstrate that helping others is important to you.
Ready to apply?
Take a look at our volunteer opportunities.
Send the completed form to us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Voluntary Services, L33, Lister Hospital, Coreys Mill Lane, Stevenage, Herts. SG1 4AB
Once we have received your application form we will contact you to arrange an interview. If your interview is successful, we will book you on to the 1/2 day induction which is designed to cover all the training you will need in order to start volunteering.
What happens next?
If your interview is successful we will complete all the checks we are required to do and get you started as soon as possible.