Application process for student programme – midwifery
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over
- Placements can only be offered to local applicants i.e. those living within the following post codes: AL1, AL3 – AL10, SG1 – SG19.
- All placements will be at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
- There will be a non-refundable administration fee of £40 per student which will be collected at interview should you be accepted to join the programme.
- Places are offered on a first-come first-served basis.
- If your expression of interest is successful we will email you an application form within 24 hours. We will also confirm your interview date and time.
- All students will be required to provide sufficient evidence for us to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service check (DBS). One of these items should be a letter on headed paper from your school or college confirming your home address.
- We will require two references
- Before being allowed to commence the placement, all successful applicants will be required to attend the Trust’s mandatory training on the date specified at time of application.
- Assuming that all our registration checks are satisfactory and the administration fee has been paid, you will be offered the next available placement.
Placements for successful applicants:
Successful applicants will be allocated a specific three hour shift in the maternity unit. This placement will run for 15 consecutive weeks.
Completion of the programme:
Once you have completed the 15 week programme and returned your ID badge, uniform and completed logsheet, a certificate of attendance will be issued. This can be used as evidence for university applications.