Our Trust recognises the need for a Sustainable Development Strategy which focuses on the long-term improvements including;
- Reduced environmental impact
- Better health and reduced inequalities
- Improved service provision
- Good community role model and supporter of the local economy;
- Excellent value for money
These features need to be integral to the delivery of our strategic corporate objectives.
As a major employer, purchaser of goods and commissioner of services our role is to promote sustainability and actively contribute to the Government’s sustainable development agenda. To ensure that our Trust can actively contribute to this, our own sustainability agenda will be guided by the Government’s five guiding principles as outlined in the UK Strategy for Sustainable Development, which include:
- Working within the environmental limits
- Ensuring a strong, healthy and fair community
- Contributing to a sustainable local economy
- Promoting good governance
- Using sound science responsibly
The purpose of this document is to implement improvements to the sustainability of our operations by establishing clear objectives and targets.
A management plan has been prepared and regular reviews are being undertaken by the Sustainability Development Committee, ensuring that our commitments to sustainable development are being fully integrated into all services and activities that we deliver. The Sustainable Development Management Plan has been approved and progress will be monitored against each of the objectives set out in the strategy.
For more details about the scheme please contact Kerry Daly on 01438 286601 or via email at email@example.com